|
I've been haunted by this song since I was around 9 or 10 years old... I watched the movie 'Mighty Joe Young' in Singapore, I was staying with a family without my Mom or Dad for something like 2 months or so... I heard this song, right around when my parents first started having serious problems...

It's in Swahilli and is a lullaby called 'the wind song' ...

Swahili:
Imba wimbo wa upepowakati unajiwa na
Imba wimbo wa upepowakati ndoto tamu
Lala mpaka usiku uisheniupepo wa usikuwimbo wanko na
Wimbo wangu inaendelea milele

English:
Sing a song and for moment and be visited by the wind...
Sing a song and for a moment dream sweetly of the wind ...
Sleep now until the night is dawn
The wind and the night song, are there and pass by...
However the song, my child, will go on forever.

It's wierd but beautiful at the same time...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

So let me know if you have something to say...