“The worst reconciliation is better than the best divorce”

|
My bestfriends parents just got divorced. Most of my friends have fucked up families. I used to think it was because I am (what I like to call) a divorced kid and therefore I tune better with them... I guess it's just society dho, raaje isnt up there in the world records for nothing...
It was so long ago, but I still remember the pain of seeing the two people I love most fighting and utterly failing to achieve anything.
“Mom hates dad, Dad hates mom, it all makes you feel so sad.” Kurt Cobain puts it simply but rings true.
Well, it didn't take me long to conclude they both have lives and if they din't want to live together they didn't have to. They have the right to fall in love with someone else and it's a relationship dho, someone's gonna get hurt, but anehhen how can you blame one person for a failed relationship?
Not everyone depends on such a simple ideology, I guess that why I was useless at making her(best friend) feel better :( it helped my 'brother' (loabin called sonofa) at the time apparently... then again, he's not too bad at dealing with life anyway...
Breaks my heart when kids blame themselves, retreat into their shells... I've seen it among the students I've worked with too often... music is a preferred release of energy but the industry obviously notorious for drug usage links... and the parents are often too caught up in their own battles to notice... with adolescent kids, this is absolutely disastrous... They have no one to turn to when they need guidance the most... I relied on my friends (bad idea to an extent) and my dearest English teacher *hugs* who is still a really good friend of mine...
The worst bit is having to chose between your mom and your dad though. Remarriage is another ordeal, having to accept someone new into your life isn't as easy as it sounds. It means trusting them with everything that defines you, but trust that is just based on one singular person's judgement. Come on, none of us trust our parents to make the right decision all the time.
Sigh... why can't they try to work it out though... and why do they have to dump their frustrations via kids... they didn't ask for any of this...
My friend asked me online the other day what I would do if my relationship doesn't work and I have a kid... divorce ASAP or wait for the kids sake. I'd say... work it out but if he is determined to hurt me then I'll just abide by unhappy mommy unhappy baby rule. Of course priority is kid and working it out clean. Dhen balaa eh ehen veema ingeynee...
So look at this lil MSN quote my friend...
{CENSORED} says:
Dont giv me sum guys name and tell me days later tht we hav this prob and tht prob and it really aint gna work..
That's how relationships go though. They either work or they don't. They struggle... true... but that's another story. Maybe I'm wrong maybe this'll change but a marriage is pretty much the same in my view. A lot more commitment. But essentially, the same...
Hmph I could now go on about living together and marriage and the difference and shit like that but I'm tired and this is boring. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

So let me know if you have something to say...