Jah.

|
I'm not into the dreads (but they look damn sexy on some guys), I think reggae is chilled and fantastic, I do not believe in weed (although it suffices to fuel a good joke once in a while), I think red, green and yellow do look good together but I have no fetish to do with the combination. So why do I think Bob Marley is fantastic?
Because he was a fighter. And he did exactly what he wanted to do. Fuck America. (Personal little issue coming up there, please feel free to totally ignore my attitude towards the great nation *grin* but if you agree then cool, lets move on).
I thought this was pretty cool...
Proceeding to quote the king...da man....
“Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?”
None of us are dho?
“Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live!”
We could all use more of that inspiration.
“Conquer the devils with a little thing called love!”
We all have our own demons we need to exorcise...what better solution eh? (Confuing though, coz he did say 'No woman no cry!)
“Get up, stand up Stand up for your rights Get up, stand up Never give up the fight.”
There is nothing wrong with fighting for what you believe in. (One thing though, so what happens when you believe in say... white superiority i.e. KKK?)
“I don't stand for the black man's side, I don't stand for the white man's side. I stand for God's side”
“I have a BMW. But only because BMW stands for Bob Marley and The Wailers, and not because I need an expensive car.”
And yes, there is a reasonable excuse for just about everything in life.
“The harder the battle the sweet of jah victory.”
Need I say a word...
“The more people smoke herb, the more Babylon fall.”
Errr...Um...
“Rise O fallen fighters, rise and take your stance again, He who fight and run away, live to fight another day”
Nice. Na?
“Facts an' facts, an' t'ings an t'ings: dem's all a lotta fockin' bullshit. Hear me! Dere is no truth but de one truth, an' that is the truth of Jah Rastafari.”
Amen! Hee hee...
“No bullet can stop us now, we neither beg nor will we bow neither can be bought or sold”
The determination he possessed...
“Until the philosophy which hold one race superior and another inferior is finally discredited and abandoned...WAR! So that is prophecy, and everyone know that is truth. And it came out of the mouth of Rastafari.
“Rastafari not a culture, it's a reality.”
The whole point was to fight for freedom, liberation, independance, human rights... that is a fight worth dying for.
So how does one become a Rastafarian? You don't, of course. "Die and be born again. As a Rastafarian"
“Bob Marley isn't my name. I don't even know my name yet.”
I thought that was so cool. I do not have any clue as to why.
“Jah will never give the power to a baldhead!”
Sorry Dad. I guess that explains a lot.
“The stone that the builder refused to lay should always be the head corners stone. You're a builder baby; here I am a stone.”
Why am I freaking obsessed with a weed junkie? Cuz he was a strong man, a powerful man and despite controvery and criticism, he never once wavered... he was a strange politician, but he sought change and he brought change. Fuck the critics coz he was right. He is immortal. His words live in our hearts. We still sing his songs, we keep passing the message.
Fascinating medium, music. Fascinating, absolutely fascinating.
“Tell the children the truth”
Love that one. Love that guy. Love that story.
You getting the drift I'm bored? Nah... I liked reading that shit.
Let me just lay back and watch the cows fly by... Don't worry... be happy :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

So let me know if you have something to say...