Observations and irritations...

|
Meet the fockers, meet the parents, meet the spartans, ... do your lips wish to meet my ass? Jeez I hate these commercial flicks, I mean, I like a laugh too but what the fuck happened to visual art? Since when did movie making become synonymous with pure, unadulterated CRAP??? What happened to visions, art, poetry, ideology, philosophy and all that great shit ha? Why do dumb fucks sell?
Anyway, I'll just get off my high horse for a moment and indulge you with a little insight into my present life. I'm happy! (Hurray, yes we haven't heard that in a while have we? But don't get excited, you know how life and irony work...) Thus I have had less time to blog... (yes, that's sad, I know, but I've finally got some free time away from the jollyness that is my present life so don't worry I shall weave you some words to delight you :p... or not... )
Why is everyone in the world obsessed with making drug movies about heroin? I thought the new generation was all about educating the leftover hippies of the last era and prevent reoccurence of full blown stupidity but INSTEAD, have managed have created a mass of youth obsessed about sex, drugs and violence. I'm exaggerating?? The year 2008 had its little inaugration with American Gangster and every teenage boy has begun to memorise its lines.
I have no faith in people? Absolutely, but let me argue my case a little... how many stupid gang walls and pm messages did the words 'this is sparta', '[insert some hisaabugandu or gang name]'s spartans', 'brothers in arms' etc appear???? They write it, spray it, draw it, type it, chant it, and basically it becomes some sort of psychological/physiological mantra. Idiots got fucking too much of an imagination and have been spoilt from head to toe by naive (read: desperate) parents basically.
I can appreciate the creativity in the productions but I think flooding the media with images of people shooting smack or sniffing coke (by the by, why can't it be based on say... e? meth? k??? why must they specifically market sugar and coke??) especially when the largest consumers are aged between 13 and 20 (impressionable ages) is just like asking for them to screw up. They happen to be adolescents and its their natural DNA to snoop, experiment and know no bounds.
Ah well... In Male' atleast poor things got nothing better to do... it's like weed's kicked the Maldivians favourite err... toys like hmm monopoly... or basketball.. or well anything harmless anyway. Sigh they have sex and drugs... and they watch Hollywood movies.. honestly, it's like programming a computer... it's fucking meant to operate that way!!!
By the way... music recommendation of the week - Black Heart by David Usher
*Sigh, I'll resume bitching randomly, I'm just gonna chomp on my new drug (CUPCAKES from MARMALADE in Bangsar Village II... to DIE for...) and sip some of my herbal tea
(we cultured folk, you see)
Whats with everyone in Male' generally, hmmm???? You ask them how they are doing and they reply with some lame line like 'everything sucks, I don't know who I am'...I mean honestly... Do I look like I want to sit there and listen to your emo crap? Get a life... It's not that I lack empathy, it's that over and over again these fuckers repeat the same pathetic procedure and complain about the consequences which from what I see, is practically as if they're ordering from a fucking catalogue for it to be brought to them!!!! Is no one capable for standing up and saying 'yeah I fucked up but I won't get fucked over' and taking charge of their lives?
Everyone in that tiny little crap hole is living with their parents, off their parents, abusing some one or some substance, and moaning over some chick/dude (or both)and wailing about how life is unfair. Which is why I cannot live their over a month, and thank GOD I have the means not to... *bows down*
Take a trip to China, or Japan or any of these up and coming business hubs of the world... see if they've got any time for your BULLSHIT. Thats why they happen to have cash, and they are successful... see Singapore??? It's a fucking dictatorship too, but the people look out for themselves and don't just sit infront of Al Jazeera and ruin all chances of Tourism flourishing. Why is everyone so bent on being a brat and wasting fucking time???Time is MONEY.... If people would just get a grip... we could all do so much better as a country, as an economy... Maldives should be fucking communist. What do we have to loose anyway?
No matter how much you think Golhabo is a loser, he's laughing his way to the bank... and you are simply making a million excuses to justify your failures. Seems to me... MDP sucks as much as DRP does and there is no one, absolutely no one who can save our country, our society and our community except ourselves. But hold on, we are too busy doing nothing... and teaching our kids the values of life (via 'Blow', 'Requiem For A Dream', 'Trainspotting', 'American Gangster', 'Gangs of New York')...*ahem* and instilling in them also... the art of doing nothing... and achieving even less.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hear hear!

ive yet to meet anyone who writes like you do. engaged from the first letter to the last dot i am. *nod nod*

Thom said...

thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Media can influence people in a lot of different ways. it doesn't always have to be negative. "Requiem For A Dream" actually inspired me to stay AWAY from drug abuse (a very good movie, might i add)

violent movies does, and have, inspired violence in the community, mainly because of the stupidity of those who wacth it.
their fanstasies and idiocy has nothing to do with the other half of people, who sees entertainment media only as a form of....entertainment.

i agree with you on the MDP-DRP issue. neither is good, nor better than the other.

what maldives needs is very simple. secular education (this, when you think about it, can significantly effect the community positively in the long term), and complete adherence to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

*goes back to doing nothing* ...it's in my blood.

Anonymous said...

Very Nice & Really intresting.The best blog i've seen so far. Keep it up gurl.....

Thom said...

Anonymous - I think that repetitive media even if it is portrayed in a negative light...can have a considerable influence in a push towards the err specified err.. whatever. Basically high and might me believes that most people are quite impressionable
:)
Aaaanyway, yeah Maldives needs some sort of Education, I don't really consider the current service to be of any value whatsoever.
Lovely comment, I wish you left an identity of some sort, sad to refer to you as Mr.Anonymous...

Tony - Thankyou thankyou thankyou, and by the way that happens to be one of my favourite names :)!

Post a Comment

So let me know if you have something to say...