Mirror, on the wall...

|
Everyday, I learn something new about myself.

The more time I spend observing other people, their lives and the changes constantly happening around me, the more I learn about what I want in life, my priorities... my responsibilities and how I view them.

It's continous learning process... which will possibly, if I'm lucky, go on as long as I breathe... so I will be living every day till I die.

When I stand outside my house, or on my terrace, all alone... just listening and watching... or riding on a bike in the middle of the night or the middle of the day just drinking the sights and sounds around me... I see life happening, I feel the present, and I focus on today with a vision of tomorrow.

Just strumming on my guitar, blocking out every one else, and every other thought wafting around in my mind, clearing all the bull shit out - reminds me what I live for, who I am and brings sharp into focus what I'm capable of. Brings me that much closer to really achieving contentment, and being a hundred percent comfortable with me.

It's not about what I'm doing at the moment, it's just a sort of meditative state - and the stringed wooden box is just a medium, for me specifically, to get there. One of many I suppose... painting's another, other forms of playing music as well as listening counts too, writing's there as well... for instance.

Yeah, me myself and Thom... but 'I' need space and time to grow, don't I? Self improvement and self motivation is necessary for personal success, and if that is what will lead me to happiness, I believe I have the right to step forward and get a grip on it. Happiness is my birth right, just as it is yours.

*munch munch on Van Houten Milk Chocolate bar, sluuuurrrp choco milk*

FOCUS CHANGE - How viable is that theory ?

Well the birth right being so... I still believe that everyone should believe in humanity, well atleast I do... thus making life a little complicated. Because no one is obligated to help out any one I think everything anyone does insignificant or deserved (eg. you think that some one should do some thing because you deserve it as you did something for that some one)should be fully acknowledged and/or appreciated...

And so one's pursuit for happiness (under the above dictated belief system) should not overlap with some one else's happiness... However accordingly, answers to the questions such as 'who is that fair to?', 'why me?/why not me?' and 'says who?' have to be drawn from stereotypical, screwed up society... which again, makes the whole chase for happiness pointless, because you start to compromise everything based on assumptions drawn from popular belief.

Square one, here I come!

Anyway... I conclude that one should just try and treat everyone human.. I have feelings, you have feelings... like for example; when you get involved with some one elses life, be fully aware that it is infact some one's 'life' , which goes beyond a game or a joke. Just based on that, I guess the kind of judgement you would end up making is simply reliant on who you are as a person...

But I... would think twice before stepping on foreign territory, for sure... Afterall, achieving happiness doesn't have to involve stepping on someone else right, nor poking my nose into their bees wax!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

So let me know if you have something to say...