The Problem With My Blog

|

I know why I haven't really been blogging. Lots of people who matter to me know that this is my blog now... they can access my feelings and thoughts... I suppose in 2005, when I started blogging, and when I was much younger and such – well then, it didn't seem like too much of a big deal. My blog served as my space to justify my actions, explain myself... try to discover more, but exploring depths...

I'm older, not that much wiser, but life has changed nevertheless. Now I write and I feel myself withdrawing from my own writing... I don't want to express my innermost thoughts... so I scrape at the surfaces, with silly thoughts and problems... I feel no need to justify or express myself... my thoughts are more private, and my hopes and dreams... feels like I'm almost jinxing them if I talk about them here...

To me my blog has always been a very personal thing, close to my heart ...somehow it's become something I just maintain for the sake of it... a contradiction of sorts.

Maybe it's high time I stopped blogging. I don't know. I'm seriously thinking about it. I'm not the type of person who can simply write about an Iphone or storybook... I like to talk about thoughts and experiences and if I no longer feel comfortable doing that, perhaps my blog has outlived its usefulness... I'm going to try just sticking to stories... or something...

5 comments:

Simon said...

This exact same thing happened to me as well.

Unknown said...

hey thom..

thats exactly what iv been thinking .. about the writing and how it all seems too personal at times.. i guess the main reason why i havent blogged is that too...

but then i was thinking to myself today and .. and reflected on why i started writing ..and it was because i wanted to write it was never about anyone or anything else..

i wrote because i wanted to and i loved writing .. and that still hasnt changed and I sometimes still want to.. but something holds me back.

goodluck thom

it always was and is a delight to read what you write

The Shadowrunner said...

Heh. To me, blogging has been - for a while, the only outlet for things I wanted to say against the regime.

Every now and then, it's filled with delicious lulz, cake and invisible pink unicorns.

-

Ah heck, even if you stick to the stories, I'll be sure to pop by and take a read. After all, even the best war veterans need some R&R every now and then.

You take care now.

iecco said...

guess its something many of us are facing.

but for me, i don't really care. my blog is a way for me to realize my own thoughts, and not others.

And for the personal part, if u still want to continue blogging, write in a way that it doesn't give out the whole meaning, just in your thoughts a bit encoded so u can talk about your experiences without the feeling of being too exposed.

just a thought.

best of luck.

eythimeethi said...

you are quite right about that. but agree with iecco.but some times thoughts are too personal that u may fear it may result to something you don't expect if that's been discovered to someone who can take advantage of.

well i have a small personal blog protected. now a twitter account too. kinda helps me when im down.

its good to blog/ now blogger has replaced with twitter.

Post a Comment

So let me know if you have something to say...