And I’ve been thinking...

|

First off, I apologise to no one and every one in general on the succession of sappy, cheesy, love sick blogs I've been posting lately.. and well... mostly..

I'm sorry, but I got to write what's been buzzing in my head right?

Anyway, I got to thinking, after an intense convo with one of my most beloved girlfriends... (yeah, that does serve as a warning about the content to follow.. press the X button while you can:P)

I got to thinking... about what a sucker I am for epic love stories... and I've said this before.. and I don't mean like a pathetic mills and boons novel..

(How does one call that garbage of literature a novel I don't know, it breaks my heart every single time)

Not like a tween flick (think Twilight : Yeah, NOT that)... Or any sappy, cheesy nonsense movie on sale... in theatres...

But classic, epic love stories, especially those that are true and told by one or two of the main protagonists... I'm a complete sucker for those...

I beg happy couples for their stories: how did they meet, how did they fall in love, what happened next...

Anyway, mid convo discussing an old story, you know what strikes me?

That I've never been part of one, not even a high school one....

It's like everyone I know (practically) has had that epic off and on romance where even afterwards people refer to them as 'Oh you mean A's B?' Or like 'Sure I know him, you mean B's A, right?'

Get me? On and off, with a shitload of drama and serious FEELINGS and major heartbreak.... passionate... and kinda crazy...

Even if they eventually end up marrying someone else... everyone has one of these stories... where there is a tragic (or not) huge romance...

And it occurs to me... I'm THAT girl... I'm the one everyone has before or after they meet this person... the transition girl...

How sad is that yea? Ironic in a sort of awful way too... I have enough and more tiny tragedies.... but romance? Not so much.

But hey, I guess at some level I ask for it... I have this thing for damaged goods :P I've been told my strength in writing lies in stories that follow this vein too...

There is no real point to this post... just a little obsession I'm having... crazy couples, and crazy stories, crazy feelings and awesome memories... they say you need to really live life to write about it... ;)

I guess I've sort of been trying that out... I guess we'll see where it ends... If I don't fall back into the pressures of a normal life;)

1 comments:

Iya said...

*slap*

I hope that sent some sense your way. damn hippie.

also, luuuuurrrve the fact that you are posting again.

I will regret that lurve part as soon as I post this comment.

Post a Comment

So let me know if you have something to say...